Last night after a very long day of work, I just wanted to stay home and bake. I received the Bakers Pantry Essentials Pack from the Vanilla Food Company to review, this is all I needed to bake a delicious treat.
I love to make my own muffins and experimenting with what I have available in the pantry. I made some Orange Zesty Chocolate Chip Muffins with my bakers essential pack. Using absolutely no sugar just the semisweet chocolate callets and cocoa powder, I managed to whip up some delicious tasting muffins.
1 cup of milk
1 orange zest
1 orange juiced
1tbsp of baking powder
1 tbsp of baking soda
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1 tbsp of Nielsen Massey Natural Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups of wholewheat flour
1/2 cups of Callebaut Dark Semisweet Chocolate Callets
- In bowl shift the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and wholewheat flour. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixer bowl. Leave out chocolate callets till last.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, milk, vanilla extract, orange juice and orange zest.
- Now, mix and fold in the liquid ingredients with dry ingredients. Mix by hand till all dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add the Chocolate callets.
- If you don’t have muffin liners make sure to oil or butter the muffin tins. With a spoon, spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for 45-55 min or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in a pan 10 minutes and remove form pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Now it’s your chance to try and win this selection of The Vanilla Food Company’s top selling baking ingredients, The Baker’s Pantry Essentials set includes:
– 453 g (1 lb) Callebaut Dark Semisweet Chocolate Callets (811NV)
– 1 Nielsen Massey – Natural Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract – 4oz
– 91 g (0.2 lb) Ceylon Cinnamon (ground)
– 113 g (1/4 lb) Cacao Nibs
– 10 Madagascar Vanilla Beans
– 453 g (1 lb) Cocoa Powder
The Vanilla Food Company is also providing free shipping for orders over $75 for the first 25 orders.
Please use coupon code: groceryalerts
-valid for standard shipping only
-valid for Canadian shipping addresses only
-not valid for Express shipping
-not valid for US shipping address
-valid for orders over $75
-valid for the first 25 orders or until the end of Feb. whatever comes first.
With the cinnamon and vanilla extract, I made cinnamon orange zesty oatmeal. Again this bakers pantry essentials pack comes in handy what ever the time of day.
I’m saving the best one for last… a Coconut Tart with Chocolate Smear was also made with the Baker’s Pantry Essentials Pack. As you may recall recipe I used was out of “The Food That Matters Cookbook by Mark Bittman.”
A winner will receive The Bakers Pantry Essential Pack from the Vanilla Food Company.
Here is the news about the giveaway:
Leave a comment with your e-mail in your profile.
- Giveaway ends February 28th, 2011 @ midnight (Pacific Time).
- Leave your email address or use Facebook to comment.
- We will be using Random.org to choose the winner.
- Canadian addresses.
Receive extra entries in the giveaway and increase your chances to win (Leave an additional comment for each):
- Post our coupon widget on your website (http://www.groceryalerts.ca/coupon-ticker-on-your-website) on your website. (3 extra entries)
- Register for the Grocery Alerts Coupon Tracker (5 extra entries)
- Become an E-mail subscriber (3 extra entries)
- Become a fan of Grocery Alerts Canada on Facebook.
- Follow @groceryalerts on Twitter
- Post this on your Twitter Win The Baker’s Pantry Essentials Pack From The Vanilla Food Company – http://t.co/1AIbsbw (3 extra entries)
Grocery Alerts Canada has not been compensated for this review. Grocery Alerts was given the product to review by the company.
We have a winner!