Now, in her first-ever cookbook, she provides her millions of readers with the recipes that are the cornerstone of her philosophy—mouthwatering, simply prepared dishes that favor fresh, seasonal ingredients and yield high satisfaction.
One of my many highlights last summer was our European honeymoon. We stayed in the South of France as a stop on our cruise but I have never been so captured by an area before. She has lived in France and New England to experience North American culture and eating habits as well.
This book was so enjoyable. Mireille offers tips and tricks throughout the book to reduce one’s waistline.
The most popular recipe I enjoyed was for “Magic Breakfast Cream”. I find it amazing to meet people that do not eat breakfast for a variety of reasons. Mireille emphasizes the importance of eating sensibly and takes pleasure in eating.
It is a complete breakfast because it has carbs, fat and protein. It is great because of the little sweetness it has and how filling this simple recipe is.
She tries to show that we should all have a positive relationship with food. Anyways, here is a link to the recipe, Magical Breakfast Cream Recipe.
The recipe contains yogurt, lemon juice, honey, flaxseed oil, walnuts, and ground cereal. I usually just eat cold cereal but I have been eating this every so often and I love it!
The book has many recipes but I enjoyed hearing the stories behind the recipes. For example, her aunt was the source behind the Magic Breakfast Cream recipe.
She has lived in Provence, Paris, and New York and you find a reflection of each city in these recipes.
Here is the news about the giveaway:
Leave a comment with your e-mail in your profile.
- Giveaway ends September 1, 2010 @ midnight (Pacific Time).
- Leave your email address or use Facebook to comment.
- We will be using Random.org to choose the winner.
- US and Canadian addresses.
Receive extra entries in the giveaway and increase your chances to win (Leave an additional comment for each):
- Post our coupon widget on your website (http://www.groceryalerts.ca/coupon-ticker-on-your-website) on your website. (3 extra entries)
- Register for the Grocery Alerts Coupon Tracker (5 extra entries)
- Become an RSS feed subscriber (3 extra entries)
- Become a fan of Grocery Alerts Canada on Facebook.
- Become a fan of Mireille Guiliano on Facebook.
- Follow @groceryalerts on Twitter
- Follow @French_Women on Twitter
- Post this on your Twitter Post to your Twitter – Giveaway of The French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook – http://www.groceryalerts.ca/the-french-women-dont-get-fat-cookbook-review-and-giveaway (3 extra entries)
- FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to http://www.groceryalerts.ca and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
- Add Grocery Alerts to your blogroll (using http://www.groceryalerts.ca), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Grocery Alerts Canada has not been compensated for this review. Grocery Alerts was given the product to review by the company.
Congratulations, we have a winner!