Superior Planks are manufactured with care by Eco Wood Company Inc. They are a family and friend owned and operated business on Madeline Island in Lake Superior, off Wisconsin’s north coast.
All the wood they use is selectively harvested in a sustainable manner. The Madeline Island forests they leave behind are their legacy for future generations. They only use small equipment. They follow very strict guidelines that ensure the future health of the forests and their ecosystem. All of the equipment used to produce these planks is run on bio-diesel, a vegetable-based fuel.
Their facility and lumber drying kilns are heated by burning their scrap wood in an ultra-efficient boiler. They continue to practice responsible forestry stewardship.
Their planks are:
- Great Tasting – Superior planks retain the moisture in your food while imbuing it with aromatic smoky flavour.
- New – A great way to get together and share a new eating experience with friends and family. Planking offers something fresh and exciting for everybody. Planking breathes new life, and smoke, into Vegetarian & Vegan food.
- Healthful – No need for fats, oils or any added salt – the smoke is the taste and the plank acts as the medium instead of oil/butter/salt.
- Sustainably Produced – The planks are sustainably harvested on beautiful Madeline Island, in pristine Lake Superior. The trees are felled by two Belgian Shire Horses, Dolly & Sherry. The lumber is then run by hand through our saw-mill, which, like all our equipment, runs on bio-diesel. Even our packaging is 100% bio-degradable. So you can feel good about your purchase.
- A Native American Tradition – The original American way to cook and enjoy food.
We recorded a Youtube video that shows us cooking Fresh Atlantic Salmon – my favourite – with some olive oil, lemon, pepper, little mint, and salt. I always use a little extra virgin olive oil. Next time, I will try cooking with no seasoning on one board and seasoning on another to see the difference.
Make sure whenever using any planks that you soak overnight! So important.
Anyways, the planks were fabulous. Make sure you use a medium temperature and have a spray bottle with water in case of any fire flareups!
Here is the news about the giveaway:
Thanks to the wonderful generosity of Superior Planks, 1 winner will receive their own set of superior planks (Maple, Cedar, and Oak).
Leave a comment with your e-mail in your profile.
- Giveaway ends June 30, 2010 @ midnight (Pacific Time).
- Leave your email address or use Facebook to comment.
- We will be using Random.org to choose the winner.
- US and Canadian addresses.
Receive extra entries in the giveaway and increase your chances to win (Leave an additional comment for each):
- Post our coupon widget on your website (http://www.groceryalerts.ca/coupon-ticker-on-your-website) on your website. (3 extra entries)
- Become an RSS feed subscriber (3 extra entries)
- Become a fan of Grocery Alerts Canada on Facebook.
- Follow @groceryalerts on Twitter
- Become a fan of Superior Planks on Facebook.
- Follow @exergen on Twitter
- Post this on your Twitter Post to your Twitter – Giveaway of Superior Planks http://tinyurl.com/superiorplanks (3 extra entries)
- Blog about this giveaway on your personal website
Grocery Alerts Canada has not been compensated for this review. Grocery Alerts was given the product to review by the company.
Congratulations, we have a winner!