Please print this and post it in your coupon binder!
Interesting notes from Safeway Canada, I bolded the important points in their letter. Basically, they accept Internet Printable Coupons! Yes! However, they do need to be able to be scanned. From what I know the scanners in Canadian cannot scan coupons other than a store coupon – they cannot recognize the other bar codes.
This is valid as at January 28, 2011.
Received from Safeway Canada:
Dear Mr. Zussino:
Thank you for your interest in our manufacturer coupon policy.
For your convenience, here is our Company Wide Coupon acceptance Policy. You may also view our coupon policy online at the following web page: http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/Coupons-Policy
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
1. Coupons are redeemable only by a customer purchasing the specific brands and product(s) stated on the coupon, with the face value of the coupon deducted from your retail or club card price.
2. Coupons must be for products sold at Safeway and coupons must be presented at the time of the transaction.
3. Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on coupon.
4. Coupons cannot be applied against the free item received in any offer where a customer buys one or more items to get one or more items free.
5. Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons do not exceed the value of the item. See number 12 below.
6. Coupons have no cash value.
7. Accepted coupons must be Manufacturer or Safeway store issued coupons for specific items only.
8. Safeway will accept valid manufacturer coupon that displays another retailer’s logo or name only if such coupon is for a specific item
9. Safeway will accept valid Catalina manufacturer coupon that is issued to a customer by another retailer only if such coupon is for a specific item.
10. The coupon must have an expiration date.
11. Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry, are altered in any way or copied.
12. The transaction amount may not fall below zero value, or go negative, meaning we will not give the customer money back.
13. All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
14. All bottle deposits on the purchased and free items are paid by the customer.
15. Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion. Internet Printed Coupons:
16. We gladly accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
17. Internet printed coupons must scan at checkout.
18. Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
19. Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
20. We will not accept “free product” internet printed manufacturer’s double Coupons:
21. Check with your local store regarding ‘double coupon’ advertised promotions where customers will receive double the coupon face value off the regular or club card price up to the advertised limit. Not all locations offer double coupon promotions. Limitations and restrictions for double coupon promotions may change at any time. Changes will be posted in store only.
22. Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
Please note: This is referring to paper manufacturer item coupons only. We do not accept multiple manufacturer paper coupons for the same item. However, we will accept 1 electronic coupon and 1 manufacturer paper coupon for the same item. The exception to this rule belongs to our Hawaii stores.
23. Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.
Please Note: We will accept 1 electronic coupon and 1 manufacturer paper coupon for the same item. The exception to this rule belongs to our Hawaii stores.
24. If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will only accept the first coupon to be applied in the system.
Please Note: We will accept 1 electronic coupon and 1 manufacturer paper coupon for the same item. The exception belongs to our Hawaii stores. In Hawaii, if a customer presents 1 manufacturer paper coupon and 1 electronic coupon for the same item, only the firstcoupon (paper or electronic) that the customer presents to the cashier will be accepted
Please remember: A customer cannot use more than 1 type of paper manufacturer coupon on the same item, but if a customer purchases multiple like items and has just 1 type of paper manufacturer coupon for each like item, Safeway will take them all because it is only 1 coupon per item.
For example, Customer purchases 6 cans of Brand Q canned peas. Customer has 6 like paper manufacturer coupons for Brand Q canned peas. (Buy one can of Brand Q canned peas and receive 50 cents off) The coupons will be honored for all 6 cans of Brand Q peas, because 1 type of paper manufacturer coupon can be used for each same item.
We may change this policy at any time. All coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption. Policychanges may not be advertised. The current policy will be posted at the customer service area in each store.
If you would like to discuss this further, please reply to this email or call our toll free number at 1-800-723-3929 and reference contact I.D. 18065818. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.
We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for shopping at Safeway.
Safeway Customer Service Team
I think Safeway Canada did an amazing job answering all the questions we prepared. It is a very well-laid out policy and I understand the merchants problems with redemption after.
Send this to friend