Bizarre Super Bowl Food Statistics and Numbers
It is incredible how much the Super Bowl costs (just to watch at home). It is the biggest non-holiday eating day of the year but I will be travelling that day so I won’t have a chance to watch, but I wanted to share how massive this game is for the snack and food industry!
- Last January for the Super Bowl, Americans were estimated to eat more than 15,000 tons of chips. This adds up to a total cost of $55 million on food and $237 million on soft drinks.
- The National Restaurant Association estimates 48 million Americans will order takeout or delivery while watching the game.
- More than 1.25 billion portions of chicken wings will be consumed for the Super Bowl, according to the National Chicken Council’s 2012 Wing Report.
- According to the California Avocado commission, 12 million pounds of avocado are sold in preparation for the game so that Americans may devour an estimated eight million pounds of guacamole.
- 7-Eleven claims a whopping 20 percent in sales of antacid the day after the Super Bowl.
What does everyone eat when watching the Super Bowl? We made this healthy dip last year and it was really frugal. Here are some ideas that we posted from the CFL Grey Cup.