How to make Starbucks Raspberry Lemon Loaf at home
At approximately 2:30pm each and everyday I begin searching for a pick me up. Part of me wants coffee but the other part drools over the display of delicious baked sweets at Starbucks. This constant discussion goes on in my head debating what to order until I get to the front of the line and I’m forced to speak when the person the counter asks “what would you like?”
I break down I need my coffee fix. As I had out the door and make my way home I start to think, why not try making a delicious raspberry lemon loaf at home. That way we can all enjoy a slice of heaven with coffee.
About one hour later I pull out a whole raspberry lemon loaf from the oven. The aroma fills the kitchen and dinning area and I’m happy to not only enjoy the Starbucks raspberry lemon loaf made at home I actually save a lot of money with 12 slices or Raspberry Lemon Loaf for a few dollars.
Please Note: As you can see I used a little too much jam. If you are attempting to make this Starbucks Raspberry Lemon loaf at home, you can see how much jam I used in the photo and how it turned out. If you want less jam don’t use as much as I did.
Starbucks Raspberry Lemon Loaf Recipe
A refreshing light tasting imitation yet just as appetizing as the Starbucks Raspberry Lemon Loaf.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon extract
- 1 Lemon zested
- 1 Whole Lemon juiced
- 1 – 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Raspberry Jam
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 – 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar
- 1/ tsp Lemon Extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest (optional)
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Making the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 4-1/2-by 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or butter. Sift and stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, butter, sugar, lemon extract, lemon zest and lemon juice with an electric mixer on medium speed. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in flour mixture until incorporated.
- Making the raspberry Swirl: Heat Raspberry jam in a microwave bowl for 10-15 seconds. The jam should be thinner but not liquified.
- Preparing the cake: Pour 1/3 of batter into loaf tin. Using the heated raspberry jam spread first layer on with a knife evenly. Continue adding another 1/3 of batter onto of the raspberry jam. At this stage you can add another layer of raspberry jam. Finish off the remaining batter and pour on top of the second layer of raspberry jam.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Approximately 50 minutes. Let cake cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely on wire rack before icing the cake.
- Making the icing: Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium to low heat. Stir the lemon extract, lemon zest, and icing sugar until icing is thick but pourable. You might need to add more icing sugar to get the right consistence or milk if it’s too thick. Pour icing over cake, and let set for 10 minutes before serving.
You will enjoy this light tasting lemon loaf. The ingredients I’ve used are the basics for pound cake however I added the lemon zest for added lemon taste. Let me know how your raspberry lemon loaf turns out!