Spicy Chili Con Carne
I decided to ditch the pizza I had planned for tonight’s dinner and go with what was on the menu for tomorrow, Chili Con Carne. I joined my husband for brisk icy walk this morning to Macdonald’s to pick up his free latte and I realized that we needed something warm and spicy for dinner tonight.
I arrived home and soaked some beans for the most part of the morning. Just before heading out the door I put all the ingredients into my slow cooker placed the lid on top, turned it on and walked out the door. A slower cookers is a godsend for anyone with a busy life.
Arriving home I could smell the Chili Con Carne, yes I was famished and couldn’t wait until I sat down at the table to have a bowl. Needless to say, it smelt and looked so good I could not wait until dinner time to try it!
|Spicy Chili Con Carne
Recipe Type: Entree, Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 10 mins
- 2 medium size onions chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove chopped or minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1 tblsp of cayenne pepper – I like chili spicy
- 400g lean ground meat
- 2 cups of soaked black beans
- 3 large red peppers
- 1 can of pineapple pieces
- 1 can of Thick and Rich Original tomato sauce
- Chop the onions, garlic, and red peppers and place into the slow cooker adding in the chili flakes, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the olive oil, 1 can of tomato sauce, black beans, and lean ground meat.
- Stir the chili a couple times if you are home while cooking.
- Place lid on top and walk away for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours or once cooked place pineapple pieces into chili and stir in. Don’t forget to save the pineapple juice. Dilute the juice with 2 cups of water to make a nice pineapple drink or save it for tomorrow mornings smoothy.)