How to make Pizza at home.
Homemade pizza is inexpensive, tastier and by far so much, much healthier than bought from the store or at the local pizzeria. I always make my own pizza, and why wouldn’t you if you enjoy eating pizza. Everyone loves pizza so I though to share with you one of favourite recipes topped with BBQ chicken.
This pizza was made with a Cattle Boyz Original BBQ Sauce and topped with chicken using the Cattle Boyz Smokey Southwest Seasoning & Rub all of which are gluten free! The BBQ sauce was more smokey than sweet and a little spicy which made a delicious pizza.
How to make Pizza at home
- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 4 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- Sift the whole-wheat flour, onto a clean work surface and make a well in the middle. In mixing bowl pour warm water, olive oil, and stir in yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes allowing yeast to bubble then pour into the well. Keep mixing, and bring in the flour. Flour the work surface again and begin to knead adding the chia seeds or hemp hearts until the dough is smooth and springy.
- Dust flour into a bowl and place dough inside. Cover and let stand for 1hr in a warm dark place until dough had doubled in size.
- In the mean time prepare your pizza toppings making sure you have either tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, pesto or even olive oil with garlic will do the trick. Slice, chop your toppings. Put aside for dressing pizza.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Once the dough is ready, dust your work surface again with whole-wheat flour and knead pushing all the air out. Begin to flatten the ball of dough with your hands and then use a rolling pin to roll out the pizza dough.
- Oil the pizza tray and place rolled out dough on top. Use your favourite sauce spreading it to the edges of the pizza. Place your favourite toppings and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
What are some of your favourite toppings you like to make this pizza your own?