Cranberry Nut Stuffing Recipe
Thanksgiving just isn’t Thanksgiving without the stuffing. I can let the turkey variation slide but definitely not the stuffing. This is truly my favorite part of a Thanksgiving meal. I love to dress up the stuffing with nuts and fruit. This is one of my traditional recipes and just about everyone I cook it for seems like like it just as much as I do based on the sound made as soon as they spoon in a mouthful of stuffing.
The nuts wake you up with a crunch that is not generally expected in stuffing and the sweet fruit makes it so good you may even prefer stuffing of dessert. Depending on how often I make stuffing, I like to change up the nuts and fruit. Raisins and dates also do the trick.
Here is the menu break down: For further recipe explanation please click on the recipe link below.
Starter: Butternut squash garlic soup
Mains: Stuffed Vegetarian Stuffed Turk’y with a side of sweet potatoes gnocchi and Cranberry Nut stuffing.
|Cranberry Walnut Stuffing
Recipe Type: Side
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 apple peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1 loaf of bread (about 1 pound), toasted and cut into small cubes
- Toast bread cubes in a 275 degree F. oven for 20 minutes, or until dry, but not browned.
- Melt butter in a pot and cook chopped onions, celery, and garlic over medium heat string frequently. [img src=”http://www.groceryalerts.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC_0673-e1318044482575.jpg” /] Cook until onions are soft.
- Transfer into large bowl and stir in the bread cubes. Adding remaining ingredients mix.
- Using a casserole dish about 13 x 9 inches place ingredients into dish cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove tinfoil and bake for another 15 minutes longer.