When I think of coleslaw I think KFC coleslaw, I grew up with that type of coleslaw – now we all know how unhealthy KFC coleslaw is for us. My aim was to make a great tasting coleslaw that was dairy free and egg free yet still contain the zing.
Honey mustard is one of my favourite dressings although I generally use apple cider vinegar to make it. With this dressing I juiced a couple lemons into the dressing to give it the zest and zing I was after. The outcome was a delightful dressing that catered to all my senses.
A zesty honey mustard vegan coleslaw that will make your mouth zing and awaken all your senses.
- 2 Organic lemons juiced
- 2 Organic apples
- 6 Organic medium size carrots
- 1 Small red cabbage
- 4 tbsp Nature's Path Qi'a Superfoods
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Organic honey
- Using a food processor shredded the carrots, red cabbage, and apples.
- Throw all the shredded veggies into a large bowel and add in the Nature's Path Qi'a Superfoods.
- Using your microwave melt the honey.
- Juice the lemons.
- Using an empty jar or mason jar, mix together the olive oil, melted honey, juiced lemons, and mustard.
- Pour dressing over the shredded veggies and mix well.
- Let it sit for an hour or so to get the flavours come through.