Over the last decade I have been given numerous gift cards for Christmas, birthdays and incentives. I do appreciate the kind gesture however most of the time I end up passing them on to friends or family that will make better use of them. The one that is always proven to be successful with me is a gas or restaurant gift card but when it comes to gifts cards, it is not often that I will receive those types. Not to mention losing the gift card or allowing them to expire.
Thanks to the smart ladies at CardSwap.ca that have developed the solution to sell your unwanted gift cards for cash! Frances Ho founder of cardswap.ca estimates that as much as 10-19% of gift cards are never redeemed and that gift cards are a $6 billion dollar Canadian industry, which makes for a large part of unused gift cards and a lot of wasted money.
CardSwap.ca has masked a hole in the gift card industry by developing an online platform that allows users to sell their unused and unwanted gift cards by posting them on the website where they can be sold to consumers looking for a discount at their chosen retailer or restaurant.
Here is just a few of the discounted gift cards CardSwaps.ca offers.
Simply: Register on cardswap.ca, post the gift card up for sale, the card is then verified before it is listed. Sit back and wait for your buyer to come along. Once the gift card is sold the seller will receive an email notification. The great advantage to this method, is that the seller has full control over the price of the gift cards. CardSwap will charge 6% (minimum $4.50) of the sale price.
Here is the news about the giveaway:
Thanks to the wonderful generosity of CardSwap.ca 4 winners will receive a $25 gift card. Four names will be randomly selected and winners will be posted on April 10, 2011.
Visit CardSwap.ca and select which retailer or restaurant gift card you would like to win. Leave a comment with your e-mail in your profile.
- Giveaway ends April 9th, 2011 @ midnight (Pacific Time).
- Leave your email address or use Facebook to comment.
- We will be using Random.org to choose the winners.
- Canadian addresses.
Receive extra entries in the giveaway and increase your chances to win (Leave an additional comment for each):
- Register for the Grocery Alerts Coupon Trader (5 extra entries)
- Register for the Grocery Alerts Coupon Tracker (5 extra entries)
- Become a fan of Grocery Alerts Canada on Facebook.
- Become a fan of CardSwap on Facebook.
- Follow @groceryalerts on Twitter
- Follow @CardSwap.ca on Twitter
- Post this on your Twitter Post to your Twitter – Win 1 of 4 $25 gift cards on Cardswap (3 extra entries)
Grocery Alerts Canada has not been compensated for this review. Grocery Alerts was given the product to review by the company.