It is frustrating being a couponer and having a retailer deny the coupon. This has happened many times before and I wanted to provide some assistance for Canadians.
The bottom line is that they accept printable coupons that is great for us couponers. Grocery Alerts recommends to print this page and store it with your list of coupons or coupon organizer in case any problems may occur at a certain store or with a certain cashier.
I would like to thank Walmart customer service for their prompt reply.
This policy is clear as day.
Here is the screenshot of the email sent to us via Walmart Canada customer service.
Walmart Canada’s complete coupon policy:
We will be accepting internet coupons as long as the following criterias are met:
- Item matches coupon (size, style…).
- Scanable barcode is present.
- Dealer address to redeem coupon is present (Canadian address)
- We accept them. Make sure price is entered on free coupon offer.
When the customer brings you numerous quantities of the same coupon, we should be looking to see if the coupon reads “one coupon per purchase” or “one coupon per item”.
The checkout associate should be accepting the coupon in accordance with these coupon instructions.
So it should play out in the following way:
- “One coupon per purchase” means one coupon per transaction
- “One coupon per item” means one coupon per each individual item. So that more than one of the same coupon could be used in one transaction
- We do not permit coupon stacking (use of more than one) per item.
When the coupon value exceeds the value of the product , we indicate the retail price of the product on the coupon , to indicate the amount we will be redeeming when sending in the coupon.
Enjoy these related post(s):
Want a travel Card that knows no boundaries?
- Earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards points (worth $250) just by making $500 in purchases in your first 3 months of membership. That's enough for a round-trip flight almost anywhere in North America!
- No annual fee for the first year. A value of $150!
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more.
- Earn one point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else.
- Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or one-to-one to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Charge any travel including gas to your Card and pay with points, with no blackout periods.