Ultimate Black Bean Brownie Recipe
There’s nothing like a good recipe for black bean brownies however with the lack of veggies my daughter has been missing out on lately I thought – heck why not throw in some spinach. So I added one 1 cup of thawed spinach. Did it work? Let’s say she got her share of spinach today!
Here is the reason I call these the ultimate black bean brownie recipe, you can’t tell that there is spinach in these brownies and you can’t tell that there is black beans in these brownies either. You can tell that there is chocolate in these brownies though!
I’m calling this the child proof veggie snack.
Here is the recipe.
Ultimate Black bean brownies
This ultimate brownie recipe is full of goodness your kids won't even know unless they make it themselves.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of thawed spinach
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (1/4 melted & 1/4 cup whole)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor puree the beans, coconut oil, eggs, cocoa, spinach and vanilla essence.
- Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and add to the food processor. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt to the food processor until it becomes smooth.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips
- Grease 24 mini muffin tins for baking.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until they become shiny in the the middle and pull away from the edge of the mini muffin tin.
- Let them cool for at least 15 minutes before serving them to the kids.