Let me give a little background on this wonderful product from Tropical Traditions that not many people may know about.
What is Coconut Cream Concentrate?
Coconut Cream Concentrate is certified organic whole coconut meat in concentrated form. It contains no additives* (not even water). The dried coconut meat is ground into a very fine powder, giving it a creamy consistency due to its high fat content.
Since it is 70% fat, it is a rich source of pure coconut oil. Note: this is a food, not a cooking oil.
How is Coconut Cream Concentrate used?
You can mix 1 or 2 teaspoons of Coconut Cream Concentrate with water or juice to make a creamy coconut milk drink. It is also an excellent ingredient for cooking and baking. Because of its low moisture content, it can be mixed right in the batter or dough of breads and pastries. It can also enhance soups, be blended with smoothies, or made into ice cream. Many people just eat it straight, or spread it on breads and crackers, because it is so delicious!
Review of Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate
I used this product as a substitute for canola oil in a batch of muffins I made. I thought they turned out great and I would recommend next time adding a little more oil to counterbalance this – not much moisture it has.It tastes delicious and has an nice coconut flavor. The Coconut Cream Concentrate is naturally sweet and would work well when making a nice curry for a coconut milk substitute. Try to think outside the box on how you would use this product!
Here is a Youtube video that shows how this product is made (would recommend to watch it).
Here is the news about the giveaway:
Thanks to the wonderful generosity of Tropical Traditions, 1 winner will receive their own 32 oz jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate.
Leave a comment with your e-mail in your profile.
- Giveaway ends July 5, 2010 @ midnight (Pacific Time).
- Leave your email address or use Facebook to comment.
- We will be using Random.org to choose the winner.
- US and Canadian addresses.
Receive extra entries in the giveaway and increase your chances to win (Leave an additional comment for each):
- Post our coupon widget on your website (http://www.groceryalerts.ca/coupon-ticker-on-your-website) on your website. (3 extra entries)
- Become an RSS feed subscriber (3 extra entries)
- Become a fan of Grocery Alerts Canada on Facebook.
- Follow @groceryalerts on Twitter
- Follow @Tropical Traditions on Twitter
- Post this on your Twitter Post to your Twitter – Giveaway of Coconut Concentrate http://tinyurl.com/coconutconcentrate (3 extra entries)
- Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions email Sales Newsletter here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/subscribe_for_special_sales.cfm (2 extra entries).
Grocery Alerts Canada has not been compensated for this review. Grocery Alerts was given the product to review by the company.
Congratulations, we have a winner!