We wanted to write a guide to Swagbucks that earns you free gift cards to your favorite stores like Amazon and Starbucks.
Swagbucks is a search engine which rewards you with Swagbucks (their currency for points) for searching. You can use it for searching and you will be randomly awarded Swagbucks for searching, usually around five to 10 Swagbucks once or twice each day.
These Swagbucks can then be redeemed for a variety of different free items, such as Amazon gift cards, Starbucks gift cards and much more.
We usually receive 1 Starbucks gift card valued at $10 each month just by using Swagbucks (that uses the Bing search engine) for our Internet searches.
Here are 15 easy ways and 1 bonus way to earn Swagbucks!
1. Search and Win
Friday’s, are “Mega Swagbucks Day” and with a little luck, you can win large bills starting at 20 Swag Bucks and up.
I personally have won 59 Swagbucks on one search!
2. Add your birthday.
3. Play some games.
There are two ways to be rewarded for playing games on Swagbucks.com:
- 1. Play games for free. That’s right: just playing games will randomly earn you Swag Bucks – between 1 to 5, and you can earn multiple times per day.
- 2. Buying into tournaments. Each game has multiple tournament options where you risk a small amount of Swag Bucks for the chance to earn a large amount.
There are two different types of tournaments:
- Limited Player Tournaments where the number of total entrants is capped. As each new player enters, the number of available entries goes down by one. As soon as all the spaces are filled, the tournament closes; a winner is chosen; the tournament starts over.In this model, you always know what the final payouts to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers will be, and you can only enter one time per tournament.
- Limited Time Tournaments where the number of entrants is unlimited and the tournament purse can grow huge, meaning your earning potential goes up without your having to lay out any additional Swag Bucks. In this model you can enter the tournament as many times as you like.
If you just want to casually play, it costs you nothing, but you won’t win every time.
If you enter tournaments, it will cost you a few Swag Bucks, but you have the chance to win a much larger amount than if you just play randomly.
Try some of their games like Crazy Taxi, Word Chain, and Regate 21 (play 4 hands of BlackJack).
4. Send in a photo with your new Swag Store prize.
When you finally redeem your prize(s), send them a photo of you enjoying it.
Simply send a photo of yourself and your Swag Store prize to firstname.lastname@example.org and 10 Swag Bucks will be credited to your account within approximately 7 to 14 business days.
Please remember that YOU must be in the photo with your prize to be accepted. You can send in a total of five photos.You can also film a video of yourself unboxing your prize from its shipping material. All you have to do is upload your video to youtube.com and send the url link of your video to email@example.com and they will credit your account with 20 Swag Bucks!
This is great PR for Swagbucks!
5. Use Swagcodes
Swagbucks posts random codes on their blog or their Twitter account for FREE Swagbucks. You usually can only use these in 3 hours before they expire (that is why we will not post them).
Also, it is against the rules to share active codes or obvious clues to the Swagcodes so please do not do this.
Sometimes, they LoOkl1keTh1s. Sometimes, they LookLikeThiso32943xx.
Each code is worth a certain amount of Swag Bucks, and you can redeem these Swagcodes by entering the exact text (case sensitive) in the “Gimme” box on the Swagbucks homepage (top-right corner of the website):
There won’t be there one every day, but they do add them fairly often. You can simply add them to your RSS reader and browse the blog posts for a code.
6. Take Surveys
Big brands want your opinion and they’re willing to pay you in Swag Bucks to get it.
Visit the Trusted Survey dashboard every day for high paying survey opportunities because there is no limit on how many surveys you can participate in.
Each survey is looking for unique qualifications in an individual to successfully complete the survey. Therefore, there might be times when you won’t meet the survey requirements.
In general, the more targeted a survey is, the higher the payout in Swagbucks.
6. Install the Swagbucks Toolbar
You can make it much easier on yourself and just install the Swagbucks toolbar. Then, when you want to search for something, you can just go to the Swagbucks toolbar and search without having to open up the Swagbucks homepage.
You will earn 1 Swagbuck each day just having it installed on your browser.
You will receive notifications of free Swagbucks codes in the toolbar which you can enter on the homepage of your Swagbucks account in order to add free bonus points to your account.
7. Watch Swagbucks TV
Being paid to watch TV? Click on Swagbucks TV under the “Earn” tab to pull up the Swagbucks TV page. You have to watch 10 different videos (they range in length from one minute to five minutes) and then you’ll earn 3 Swagbucks.
They have some pretty entertaining channels (Entertainment, home cooking, Martha Stewart, pets, tech news, regular news, and sports.
You can watch these videos while doing something else on your PC and earn up to 25 three-point rewards in a 24-hour period (a total of 75 points).
Talk about multi-tasking!
8. Take the Daily Poll
Every day, Swagbucks offers one simple poll.
They are easy questions!
Just click on the “Poll” under the dropdown menu under the “Earn” tab to pull up the page. Choose your answer and you’ll earn one Swagbuck.
9. Perform Tasks
Swagbucks has a list of different tasks you can complete online and earn anywhere from 16 to 40 Swagbucks. Just click on Tasks on the dropdown menu under the Earn tab to pull up the page.
Every task is different. They will tell you at the beginning how many minutes the task will typically take.
Here is an example of one, earning 2 swagbucks for finding Yelp Profiles for Businesses providing daily deals.
This is one of the worst values for your time on Swagbucks.
10. Complete Special Offers
They have some interesting offers (everything from signing up for GreenMommy.ca for 23 swagbucks to Mint.com for 61 Swagbucks) and most of them don’t require payment of any kind.
Access Special Offers on the dropdown menu under the Earn tab to pull up the page which lists the various offers you can complete to earn Swagbucks.
I would not suggest signing up for any offers that require a credit card.
11. Try No Obligation Special Offers
This is one the easier methods, simply visit the No Obligation Special Offers and earn an easy 2 Swagbucks each day.
Just view all of their offers and you earn your easy Swagbucks.
12. Follow Swagbucks on Twitter
If you are really lucky, they randomly award Twitter followers with 100 free Swagbucks for tweeting using the hashtag #Swagbucks.
13. Install Swagbucks Widget on your blog
If you have a small blog or website, install a Swagbucks Widget and place it on your personal website or blog. It is an easy way to show how many Swagbucks you have and to refer new friends.
Here is an example of one:
14. Sell your used books.
They have a landing page (hard to find on their website), where you can sell your old books.
Basically you type in the ISBN book number and then they make an offer to purchase the book. You would then print the pre-paid label and trade-in receipt, and mail it to them (Must have 600 Swag Bucks in trade value to qualify for free shipping) and then they would award you the swagbucks.
In my example, they were going to give me 219 Swagbucks for selling a copy of the used Wild From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail.
15. Sell your used video games.
As a former gamer (in my early 20s), I had dozens of games. Swagbucks lets you search the games you have and start earning Swagbucks for all those old games collecting dust.
This is available for Canadians. It works similar to the process for purchasing books. The more popular games you sell will get you more Swagbucks.
Here is the most popular bonus method to gaining Swagbucks.
We have told many of our readers to join and several hundred have.
Swagbucks has a great referral program that if you refer a new member they will award you up to 1,000 Swagbucks for each Swagbuck your friend earns.
You will only be awarded Swagbucks for search’s that your friends do.
If you found this guide worthwhile and are not a current member of Swagbucks, please consider joining here.
Enjoy these related post(s):
Want a travel Card that knows no boundaries?
- Earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards points (worth $250) just by making $500 in purchases in your first 3 months of membership. That's enough for a round-trip flight almost anywhere in North America!
- No annual fee for the first year. A value of $150!
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more.
- Earn one point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else.
- Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or one-to-one to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Charge any travel including gas to your Card and pay with points, with no blackout periods.