Starbucks as of September 8, 2012 has over 19,972 locations in 61 countries and have created an authentic pod system to allow customers to make Starbucks drinks at home, with the Verismo at-home coffee machine.
The Verismo 580 is Starbuck’s version of the Keurig at-home brewer (currently sells for $199.95 on the Starbucks.ca store).
The Verismo machine features:
- High-pressure brewing system heats up and is ready to make Starbucks-quality beverages in less than 15 seconds.
- Variable temperature system allows for optimum coffee extraction and milk steaming.
- Integrated rinse function helps keep machine clean.
- Height-adjustable drip tray accommodates different sized cups.
- Auto-off activates after 5 minutes to save energy.
- Easily removable water tank makes refilling simple.
- Built-in used pod removal automatically moves up to 10 pods to storage for easy cleanup.
Making a Latte from Verismo 580 machine
Straight Expresso Shot from Verismo 580 machine
I tried just an Espresso shot – 1 Verismo Espresso Roast Espresso Pods and it was great. Very easy to use and the quality was exactly what I would expect from Starbucks.
Some problems with the Verismo pod system
- No soy or dairy-free milk pods available (many coffee drinkers are starting to choose these options so this should be on their list of new pods to add).
- The lattes had the taste of powdered milk.
The current promotion is that when you buy a Starbucks Verismo coffee machine from the Starbucks Store Canada, you will receive a free box of coffee pods (value of $11.95), and free shipping!
This expires December 31, 2012.
I think this is a great alternative for busy families or people that are busy that enjoy a nice coffee on the run. For us, there is nothing like a real coffee house experience. We are fortunate to live in one of the best cities for coffee in Canada (not just many amazing Starbucks locations but alternative independents, and home of many popular baristas).
Enjoy these related post(s):
Want a travel Card that knows no boundaries?
- Earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards points (worth $250) just by making $500 in purchases in your first 3 months of membership. That's enough for a round-trip flight almost anywhere in North America!
- No annual fee for the first year. A value of $150!
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more.
- Earn one point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else.
- Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or one-to-one to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Charge any travel including gas to your Card and pay with points, with no blackout periods.