SoLo Gi® Energy Bars, created by Canadian Saul Katz were the first certified low GI energy bars in the Canadian market. Their low GI and nutritionally rich recipe delivers the perfect solution for weight and blood sugar management, as well as sustained energy.
SoLo Gi Bars are certified low glycemic (GI of 23-30) by GI Labs Canada and gluten-free, certified by the Canadian Celiac Association.
Available in five mouth-watering flavours, they are the ideal between meal snacks that spike taste buds but not blood sugar. SoLo Gi Bars have been used in three published clinical studies by leading scientific institutions.
Here are the flavours:
- Peanut Power: Peanuty goodness combined with luscious honey wrapped in a smooth chocolaty coating.
- Chocolate Charger: If you like chocolate cake and brownies you are going to love the chocolaty goodness of this. Soft, rich in flavour and secretly infused with little hints of chocolate cookie pieces.
- Lemon Lift: A fresh burst of citrus mingled with cranberries and coated in refreshing yogurt.
- Dark Chocolate Mandarin: Decadent chocolate notes blended with exuberant tart citrus wrapped in a rich chocolate coating.
- Pineapple Coconut: Satisfies taste buds with real chunks of coconut and punchy pineapple, your taste buds will thank you!
- Gluten Free: The first energy bar to be certified by Canadian Celiac Association
- Low Glycemic (GI): Scientifically validated by the inventors of the Glycemic Index (GI of 23-30)
- 50 g Bar: 200 calories / 10-13g Protein / 3-4g Fibre / 25 g carbohydrates
- No additives, No artificial flavours, No artificial preservatives, No artificial sweeteners, No high fructose corn syrup, No sugar alcohols, No trans fats, No hydrogenated oils and Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) soy protein
I really enjoyed these bars as they hit the spot in the afternoons before a run or heavy exercise.
I was shocked that there were no other gluten-free energy bars. The flavours were delicious and stood out amongst the competition.
Each bar retails for $2.99.
You can get more information here.