Pumpkin & Apple Spiced Loaf Recipe
I decided to start my morning baking a freshly made loaf using some of the pumpkin puree, I made the night before instead of the traditional bowl of cereal. Nothing is better than waking up to freshly baked loaf especially when it smells like pumpkin cinnamon. Since the batter allows for 2.5 loafs, I decided to only bake one loaf and 12 muffins using the rest of the batter. I’m sure most people have tried the raisin cinnamon loaf at some stage and you will know how tasty it is toasted with your favorite topping. The pumpkin and apple spiced loaf is even better!
You can alter the recipe with a variety of ingredients like adding nuts or raisins like I did to make the loaf moist and some what sweeter.
|Pumpkin & Apple Spiced Loaf
Recipe Type: Morning muffins / loaf or mid day snack
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
The batter can be used to make muffins or a loaf. I made both. Once the loaf was cooked and cooled I then sliced it 1/4 inch and placed it into a bag to freeze for another time. This makes a great toasted mid morning snack.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of apple puree
- 2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup bran flakes or use bran cereal
- 1/2 cup of sugar (optional, raisins will naturally make it sweeter)
- 1-1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of juicy raisins
- Turn oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl beat milk and eggs together and combine all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl once eggs and milk are beaten.
- Mix all ingredients together until a nice creamy batter is formed. You don’t want the batter to be too dry so that your baking comes out nice and moist.
- Grease muffin tins or loaf tin. I had enough to make 12 muffins and 1 loaf.
- Spoon out batter into muffin tins or loaf as desired.
- Bake for about 1 hour and let cool.
Perhaps I’ll try something else for breakfast with the pumpkin puree, I love the smell of freshly cooked pumpkin baking.