We love the holidays and the seasonal food and introduction of the President’s Choice Holiday Insider’s Report is one of the reasons.
Here are some of the favorites that we tried this year:
PC Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Lollipops
Creamy mini chocolate cheesecakes coated in semi-sweet chocolate and covered in mini chocolate chips. Basically, need to thaw the lollipops in the fridge for 1/2 hour prior to them being saved.
They were melt in your mouth good. I liked the incredible chocolate taste and it was really rich. It is a nice serving size for parties.
PC Gingerbread Man Kit
The President’s Choice Gingerbread Man Kit includes gingerbread cookie mix, icing mix, sprinkles, a piping bag and a cookie cutter – making it easy to bake, decorate and create your own yummy gingerbread men.
I didn’t use the cutters but it was handy to have this all-in-one kit. I found that I needed to add extra flour to the recipe but it was a nice treat for the kids.
PC Rich & Creamy Chocolate Egg Nog
Rich and creamy egg nog with cocoa, a hint of nutmeg and natural cinnamon flavour.
We didn’t taste the nutmeg or cinnamon (it was a heavy chocolate flavour), but we used this in an unusual way with a Eggnog Chocolate Latte. We used out Aeroccino, by Nespresso Milk Frother (our ultimate milk frother).
PC Raisin & Black Current Artisan Crisps and Herbed Goat Cheese Log
These delightfully sweet crisps are made with a deliciously wholesome combination of almonds, raisins, black currants and seeds. A must for entertaining, they’re perfect for serving with dips and cheese platters.
This is a hit with every dinner party or when we have guests. The crisps are priced right at nearly half the price of the competition with an even better product and interesting flavours. These ooze sophistication and they are hit with kids also!
What are you Holiday Insider’s Report Favourites?
Enjoy these related post(s):
Want a travel Card that knows no boundaries?
- Earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards points (worth $250) just by making $500 in purchases in your first 3 months of membership. That's enough for a round-trip flight almost anywhere in North America!
- No annual fee for the first year. A value of $150!
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more.
- Earn one point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else.
- Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or one-to-one to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Charge any travel including gas to your Card and pay with points, with no blackout periods.