How to make Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
Just about everyone I know loves peanut butter. I don’t know why that is however it always makes my eyes roll with pleasure when I spoon smooth peanut butter into my mouth. Peanut butter cookies are no different, I made some peanut butter oak cookies to keep handy for snacks instead of muffins today. Cookies tend to have more sugar than muffins and they also get eaten quicker so I try not to make to cookies as often. They are absolutely delicious!
| Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
Recipe Type: Dessert, snacks
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 30 cookies
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 1 cup or 2 cups of sugar depending how sweet you want your cookies
- 3/4 cups of olive oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 2 cup of rolled oats (quick oats are better)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees ferinheight. Place parchment paper over cooking tray.
- In a mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, sugar, olive oil, milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and creamy. [br] [img src=”http://www.groceryalerts.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/how-to-make-peanut-butter-oat-cookies.jpg” ]
- Add the flour, oats, and baking soda and mix in well. [br] [img src=”http://www.groceryalerts.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/how-to-make-peanut-butter-oat-cookies.jpg” ]
- Roll the dough into small golf ball size pieces. Place them on the cooking tray and with a fork or fingers press each ball flatter.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. [br] [img src=”http://www.groceryalerts.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/how-to-make-peanut-butter-oat-cookies.jpg” ]
- Let cool before eating. Store in an air tight container.