Moist Apple Cinnamon Muffins
This muffin recipe is used week after week in my home. I generally change the fruit ingredients to add variety but the dough stays the same. Sometimes it’s dates and nuts other times it’s bananas and blueberries. It is also the basis of a good healthy muffin mix. Try it out and let me know which combinations of fruit or chocolate you use.
Perfect healthy snack for morning tea or later throughout your day when you need a boost to carry you through until dinner.
|Moist Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Recipe Type: Healthy Snacks
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of bran flakes
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar (optional)
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup of apple sauce ( I use apple sauce instead of sugar helps keep muffins extremely moist you can also use bananas here)
- Grated orange peel (optional – but great when combining chocolate chips)
- 2 chopped apples (optional sometimes I use blueberries, dates and nuts)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and milk together. If you are adding apple sauce or bananas add them here into the liquid mixture. Add orange peel.
- Attach the bowl with the liquid mixture to a mixer, and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until well mixed together for about 30-60 seconds.
- With a spoon add in your desired fruit mix. I added chopped apples this time. (Banana and chocolate chips work well together).
- Grease muffin tin or use cupcake liners. Spoon the batter in evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-50 minutes