Healthy Kitchen Cookbook is perfect for people looking to save money on groceries while trying to make healthy meals. Most of us that visit Grocery Alerts on a regular basis know the importance of menu planning. It saves money, time and possible if done right your health.
One of the main reasons I enjoy menu planning is because it allows me to prepare and organize easy, quick and healthy meals. When I received Leslie Beck’s Healthy Kitchen Cookbook I was pleased to see that the ingredients used were common ones found in my pantry and the recipes were all delicious, quick and healthy.
The challenge with menu planning is finding recipes so that your meals don’t get boring. Leslie Becks’s Healthy kitchen cookbook makes it easy. You will find a chapter on priming you kitchen for healthy eating that includes power foods to keep in stock and guides on storing and portion control.
Leslie Beck’s goal in writing Healthy Kitchen cookbook is to provide health and great tasting meals and snacks into every family’s menu plan.
With our busy lifestyles it becomes difficult to make healthy meals from scratch and a lot of people haven’t learned how to cook from scratch. With the Healthy Kitchen cookbook you don’t need to worry about complected fancy recipes. Here is a quick and easy recipe I made one afternoon when our dinner plans fell through and I quickly whipped up dinner.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad – a great salad to accompany BBQ’s that is loaded with flavour and can even be made the day before.
- 2 cups of cooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups of grilled and cut up chicken breast
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes – (I used sundried tomatoes that was in my fridge instead)
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta for 10 minutes until al dente. Toss together cooked pasta, chopped grilled chicken breast. tomatoes, olives, green onions.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix past and serve cold.
Now the giveaway, thanks to Leslie Beck’s who has generously offered to giveaway a copy of her Healthy Kitchen Cookbook to 1 lucky winner. 1 winner will be randomly selected on April 10 2012.
a Rafflecopter giveaway