The Super Bowl is just around the corner.
It does not matter what team you’re cheering for, the Giants, or the Patriots, one thing everyone can agree on is the need for good food (and healthy food for us).
Most people are used to chips and dip but we wanted to share a new recipe for our friends and readers.
The problem is that most recipes for appetizers are not really healthy. We wanted to have a nice alternative to heavy fat and sodium products.
The following is a great, low-carb dip. Even though we are not the biggest fans of cauliflower, this tastes surprisingly good. The cauliflower is in season now so it should be less than $1 a head.
|Healthy Super Bowl Appetizer – Yogurt Cauliflower Dip||
- 1 cauliflower head
- Pinch of your favourite spice
- 1/4 cup of Oikos Greek Yogurt
- Boil cauliflower until soft and drain.
- Place the cauliflower back into the pot and add the spice and Oikos Greek Yogurt.
- Mash with potato masher until all the ingredients are well mashed and looks like dip.
- Serve cold with your favourite chips or crackers.
We wanted to share a sneak peak of Oikos new Super Bowl commercial, debuting John Stamos (famous as Uncle Jesse from Full House).