Traditional non-stick pans contain PTFE, are manufactured with PFOA and are limited in heat resistance — only up to 260 degrees C / 500 degrees F. PTFE can’t be heated above these temperatures without damaging it. When surpassing this limit, toxic fumes harmful for the human respiratory tract might be released. These fumes are even lethal to small pets, like birds.
During the manufacturing of conventional PTFE based non-stick fry pans, PFOA is used and emitted into the environment. This is a persistent chemical that, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), can be considered as a “likely human carcinogen”.
PFOA can be found in numerous living organisms, even the human body. Studies show that 95% of the population carry PFOA in their blood, recently scientists have found proof that this chemical even passed to babies through mother’s milk.
Knowing that GreenPan (TM) with Thermolon (TM) does not use or contain these chemicals, it clearly offers the consumer a healthier, safer and more environmentally friendly cookware.
Compared with the production of PTFE based non-stick fry pans, our technology allow us to reduce the carbon emissions during the application of the coating by 60%! Next to these benefits, GreenPan (TM) actively reduces packaging material, printing ink and printing colours.
Most raw materials used in production are recycled. It has a THERMOLON Non-Stick Coating, and is Heat-Resistant up to 450 degrees Celcius, (850 F)!
The GreenPan clearly offers the consumer a healthier, safer, and more environmentally friendly cookware!
Cooking with GreenPan requires less energy! Because nothing will stick, this cookware allows you to cook healthier with no need for added butters, fats or oils. GreenPan with Thermolon has also earned the Good Housekeeping Seal.
My wife and I had the opportunity to review the GreenPan – and were both impressed. It is heavy duty and handles many cooking tasks. It was nice cooking with a little butter and oil and not much was needed. We are so lucky to award 2 lucky winners!
Check out our YouTube video here.
Here is the news about the giveaway:
Thanks to the wonderful generosity of Green Pan and the Canadian distributer, Jascor Housewares, 2 winners will each receive their own 24 cm healthy cooking Green Pan.
Leave a comment with your e-mail in your profile.
- Giveaway ends September 18, 2010 @ midnight (Pacific Time).
- Leave your email address or use Facebook to comment.
- We will be using Random.org to choose the winner.
- Canadian addresses only.
Receive extra entries in the giveaway and increase your chances to win (Leave an additional comment for each):
- Post our coupon widget on your website (http://www.groceryalerts.ca/coupon-ticker-on-your-website) on your website. (3 extra entries)
- Register for the Grocery Alerts Coupon Tracker (5 extra entries)
- Become an RSS feed subscriber (3 extra entries)
- Become a fan of Grocery Alerts Canada on Facebook.
- Follow @groceryalerts on Twitter
- Post this on your Twitter Post to your Twitter – Giveaway of The Green Pan – healthy cookware http://www.groceryalerts.ca/green-pan-eco-friendly-and-healthy-cookware-review-and-giveaway (3 extra entries)
- FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to http://www.groceryalerts.ca and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
- Add Grocery Alerts to your blogroll (using http://www.groceryalerts.ca), with a link back to us! (1 entry)
Grocery Alerts Canada has not been compensated for this review. Grocery Alerts was given the product to review by the company.
Congratulations to our winners!!!