Big thanks to Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate for sponsoring Frantic Foodie, Keren Brown, author of Food Lovers’ Guide to Seattle last weekend at Keren’s Replenish and Reboot brunch. We enjoyed delicious treats and a swag bag full of chocolate!
Here I am one week later drooling over their delicious Ultimate Chocolate Recipes cookbook from Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate, it was time to get busy in the kitchen.
One hour later delicious Chocolate Orange Ginger Biscotti!
Chocolate Orange Ginger Biscotti Recipe
A delicious biscotti tweaked with flavours to create a chocolate ginger and orange wonder.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 30
- 1 cup
Whole blanched almonds
- 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup
crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 2 large
eggs lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoon
Grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup
Green & Black’s Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Add the almonds, ginger, beaten eggs and the orange extract. Mix and stir to form a thick soft dough. Dust with icing sugar over the work surface. start to roll out the dough into sausage type shape and flatten slightly.
- Place the flatten dough roll onto the parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once golden brown remove from the oven and carefully cut on an angle into 1/2 inch and spread the strips in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for a further 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- When biscotti has cooled, melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pot barely simmering water. Stir in the remaining orange peel.
- Dip the biscotti into the chocolate and coat half then place on a wire rack and leave to set.
- Recipe provided by Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate Cookbook – Chocolate Recipes.
What is your favourite kind of Biscotti?