For some unusual reason I’ve been baking and making chocolate treats – so much that I’m debating on whether or not to add a separate tab titled chocolate dessert on Grocery Alerts. Nevertheless here is another frugal treat your family will love “Chocolate Crepes,” made especially for my husband on Father’s Day.
Crepes are great for breakfast and ideal treat with morning or afternoon tea.
Chocolate Crepes Recipe
Delicious chocolatey cocoa crepes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute each crepe
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 oz 70% dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup Superfine sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 1-3/4 cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 cupd 1% milk
- Oil for frying
- Melt together the butter and chocolate over low heat and set aside.
- Sift and mix the sugar, flour, coca powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the beaten eggs then the milk followed by the melted chocolate.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and rub with oil or butter. Pour crepe mix into the pan tilting form side to side to cover the frying pan.
- Cook for a minute on each side and slide the crepe out onto a warm plate. Place the plate in the oven to keep warm. Continue to cook the rest of the crepe batter. Layer each crepe onto top sprinkling sugar as you go.
- Serve immediately.