Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing can be easily made at home for a much better price and far better nutritional value. I’m not a fan of the salad dressings available on the market today because of the high content of sodium and additives they contain.
Growing up, the salad dressing we used was olive oil and vinegar. As the years went by I started to experiment with a variety of herbs and spices. I finally came up with the perfect mix although from time to time I do try different ingredients depending on how I feel that day.
A few months back I had the opportunity to meet Christine Cushing I also had the privilege of being given a bottle of her Organic extra virgin olive oil to try. I used her organic extra virgin olive oil with the Metro’s brand Irresistible Balsamic vinegar I recently reviewed.
This is a simple yet tasty vinaigrette you can try at home.
|Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing||
- 4 tbsp Christine Cushing’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Irresistible Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp French’s Bold & Spicy mustard
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp of Italian herbs
- dash of salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients together squeezing the orange and lemon juice out of the fruit.
- Place in a tight jar or cover container and shake well.
- Pour into a bowl to serve.
Here is the homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing you can make at home. It will be far less than the regular salad dressing you buy at the grocery store and far healthier for you too!