We are excited to see Target come to Canada.
Here are 10 secrets about Target that most Canadians don’t know yet:
Target Secret #1 – Increased competition.
In Canada, Target has said with its filing with the SEC that it intends to invest $2 to $3 billion in Canada over the next three years. They intend to stay and compete with Loblaws, Walmart, Metro, and Sobeys. This increased competition will help lead to lower prices.
Target Secret #2 – Starbucks inside Target
Most Target stores across Canada will have a Starbucks inside! This will save you time and money – hopefully they have exclusive Target Starbucks coupons. I have noticed at US stores that they will have exclusive promotions.
Target Secret #3 – Discount gourmet food.
Target will be selling its private-label food products (Archer Farms) at the stores in Canada. According to Morne Van Wyk, head of grocery and beauty for Target Canada, Archer Farms is a premium, yet affordable brand that “covers an array of delicious foods from premium groceries to cooking ingredients.”
Van Wyk said that food will be a “key part” of the company’s strategy from the moment it swings open its store doors.
Target Secret #4 – Giving back
Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs. Currently, that is more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood. This is great for the community as these sponsorships lower the costs for non-profits to offer free events.
Target Secret #5 – Red Card
You can apply for your REDcard online now to start saving 5% instantly when your neighbourhood Target opens.
Target Secret #6 – Great return policy.
Target Canada promises to attempt a return on every item purchased in their stores by scanning your receipt, offering receipt look-up, or offering a non-receipted return or exchange with a valid form of identification.
Target Secret #7 – Coupon Stacking.
Similar to other Canadian retailers, Target will offer its own store coupons. It will allow you to use one store coupon with a manufacturer coupon to allow coupon stacking at Target.
Target Secret #8 – Price matching.
This is tough for retailers but Target will offer a Price Match Guarantee, which means that they will match competitors’ printed advertised prices.
Target Secret #9 – Comprehensive shopping.
Target regularly carries out comprehensive competitor shopping to ensure their prices remain competitive and they will continue this practice in Canada.
Target Secret #10 – See Spot Save.
The Canadian Targets will have dollar bins at the front of the store (similar to the US), called See Spot Save section.
Here is an example of what these areas look like.
Are you excited about Target coming to Canada?
Enjoy these related post(s):
Want a travel Card that knows no boundaries?
- Earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards points (worth $250) just by making $500 in purchases in your first 3 months of membership. That's enough for a round-trip flight almost anywhere in North America!
- No annual fee for the first year. A value of $150!
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more.
- Earn one point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else.
- Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or one-to-one to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Charge any travel including gas to your Card and pay with points, with no blackout periods.