As a lover of popsicles I wanted to share some easy recipes that use only a couple of ingredients and are delicious!
Before I share the recipes, here are some ways to make popsicles. It is important to remember that when using any type of plastics to look for BPA-free plastic (I have seen many moulds at dollar stores and they do not look safe).
I grew up using the simple cups (simply run the hot water to get the popsicle out)!
Here are some other options from Amazon:
1. Freezer Pop Maker.
- This make up to 10 frozen pops at a time in one tray
- Includes 50 wood freezer pop sticks and aluminum lid keeping sticks firmly in place
- Taking up minimal space in the freezer, the frozen pop tray measures 9 by 6 by 4 inches
2. Zoku Quick Pop Maker.
This device is the Rolls-Royce of popsicle makers.
- Create your own customized frozen pops, including cream-filled varieties, in as little as 7 minutes
- Makes up to nine 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ pops (three 2-oz. pops at a time) before refreezing is required
- Nonstick cast-aluminum molds have a proprietary solution sealed inside their bases to enable rapid, uniform freezing.
On to the easy homemade popsicle recipes – I love to make things for my family and I know what is in the finished product (even frozen popsicles have a lot of added sugar and added ingredients).
Try these all-natural homemade popsicle recipes, these are all delicious and kid friendly!
- Banana Nutella Fudgesicles
This is self explanatory. I love Nutella (I put it on everything but it has a nice rich taste) and Bananas are good for you.
- Yogurt Creamsicle Pops Recipes
Simply mix healthy vanilla or plain yogurt with softened frozen orange juice concentrate and freeze. You can try different flavours of yogurt.
- Watermelon And Coconut Popsicles.
The coconut adds some texture but the watermelon is really healthy and thirst quenching.
- Cookies & Cream Popsicles
- Pineapple Ice Pops
This is fancy! Blending sugar and pineapple brings you a delicious treat popular in Mexico.
- Gummy Bear Sprite Popsicles
Using Gummy bears to decorate the sprite concoction!
- Coconut Milk & Honey Pops
The coconut milk and honey are an amazing combo!
- Dulce de Leche & Coconut Popsicles
This is an exotic combo but it works!
- Root Beer Float Popsicles
I loved these root beer floats as a kid -still works as a popsicle!
- Grape Refresher Popsicles
White Grape Juice with grapes = success!These are all so easy and kid-friendly. I recommend getting kids involved in easy recipes like this as soon as possible to have a good relationship with food.Have a great summer!