We are avid Air Miles collectors in our house, but their are some Air Miles Dream Rewards redemptions that give you the best return on your hard earned Air Miles.
Air Miles has two reward streams: Cash Rewards and Dream Rewards. Dream Rewards are for awards like merchandise and collecting by default.
Cash Rewards allow you to redeem 95 Air Miles at participating merchants for $10. This means that each Air Mile using the cash rewards option is now worth 10.5 cents. The key is to find rewards that have a value greater than 10.5 cents per mile to get the best return.
Here is my list of ten of the best Air Miles Dream Reward Redemptions to save you money:
1. Cineplex Night Out Movie Package 190 reward miles = $20 Cash Reward value
This redemption includes 2 Free Admissions, 2 Regular Soft drinks, and 1 Regular Popcorn.
An admission costs between $10-$12 and the snacks are expensive so this would retail for over $35.
2. Chatelaine Magazine – 1 Year Subscription 75 reward miles = $7.90 Cash Reward value
A subscription to Chatelaine qualifies you for an ‘All Access’ subscription meaning you automatically receive hard copy issues mailed to the address provided and, at no extra cost, you can also access a Zinio digital version and/or the magazine’s app for your iPad.
This is available for $14.95 for a 1-year subscription on their website.
3. BMO Investment Vouchers – $100 for RESP
Redeem your reward miles for $100 to put towards BMO investment products (vouchers cannot be used to deposit funds into savings/chequing accounts or cashed at the counter).
If you look at the 20% bonus that the government provides this is a great way to use your Air Miles.
You must redeem vouchers in person at any BMO Bank of Montreal branch.
4. Parks & Attractions redemption.
You can find some good buys like a one-day pass to SeaWorld in San Diego (usually $78 per adult), available at just 595 Air Miles or a pass to Universal Studios Hollywood California for 675 Air miles, (usually costs $80 per adult).
5. Flights within Canada.
Save 30% on reward miles for select flights with WestJet. They have some interesting price redemptions at times. A flight from Victoria to Toronto is available for 2187 Air Miles.
This usually goes for $500 – $600 a ticket. This gives you a return of 22 cents per Air Mile (better than the Cash Rewards).
6. Package Vacations
You can use a combination of Air Miles and Cash when booking travel tours with Trafalgar Tours, Contiki, Sandals and others.
They did not disclose the actual value over the phone but the agent told me that for my current balance of 680 Air Miles that I would receive 82 dollars off approx. This is a better return than using Cash rewards but remember that they charge a booking fee for any travel booked.
7. Special events
Currently Air Miles has two (2) tickets to see TOTEM, the most acclaimed Cirque du Soleil touring show in Ottawa. This redemption is just 1,600 Air Miles. This is a cash equivalent of $168.42 using the Cash Rewards. With tickets costing $241 for two adults after taxes, this is a great way to use your Air Miles.
8. Hotel Deals
Currently, the Stoneham Mountain Resort has one Night’s Accomodation for two for just 1,050 reward miles ($110 Cash Reward equivalent).
One night’s stay would cost $164 with taxes.
Using your Air Miles gives you a better return and saves you $54.
9. Toronto Transit Commission – Adult Monthly Metropass for 745 Air Miles
An adult Metropass for travel in a specific month on all regular TTC services is on sale for just 745 Air Miles. This costs $128.50 on the TTC website and gives you a savings of over $50!
Check your local city for other Air Miles deals for this pass discount.
10. Admission discounts
This is the best redemption as it costs you nothing!
Did you know just flashing your Air Miles card gives you discounts at these theme parks and attractions:
- Legoland California – Admission – Save 15% on selected tickets!
- The Helicopter Company Vertical Reality Tour for One – 20% savings for AIR MILES collectors when paying cash.
- FanXchange – Save 10% on Tickets to Sports, Concert & Theatre Events
- Old Quebec Tours – Save 15%
- Le Balcon Music Hall – 15% off dinner & show for two
What do you use your Air Miles for?
Enjoy these related post(s):
Want a travel Card that knows no boundaries?
- Earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards points (worth $250) just by making $500 in purchases in your first 3 months of membership. That's enough for a round-trip flight almost anywhere in North America!
- No annual fee for the first year. A value of $150!
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more.
- Earn one point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else.
- Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or one-to-one to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Charge any travel including gas to your Card and pay with points, with no blackout periods.